GSW offers a brand new alternative for artists and modellers seeking to create water effects with this Ultraviolet Resin.
A one-step gel with crystal transparency, squeeze this product straight from the bottle onto your diorama or miniature base to create beautiful replicas of the sea, rivers, lakes, ponds or puddles. It has a multitude of advantages over other traditional ways of creating water effects:
Ultrafast drying gel. This product can be combined with a UV Torch (LINK) to dry in 2-4 minutes. On a sunny day, the gel has a drying time of 5-10 minutes. On a cloudy day, 20-40 minutes.
Can be dyed. The UV Resin can be mixed with any of our inks (LINK) (LINK) to dye the gel with only a few drops, allowing to create different types of water, such as bogged swamps or radioactive lakes! IMPORTANT: If you want to tint it with our CANDY (LINK) ink, you have to apply it when the resin is completely cured
Doesn't shrink. The UV Resin doesn't shrink like other water replicating materials. The quantity of resin used is the quantity of resin you get when fully dried.
Multilayer friendly. In case you want to create the effect of submerging something in water, multiple layers can be placed on top of each other without leaving layer marks.
Can be cut, polished and worked easily. The resin is easy to manipulate and can be shaped and carved however you want!
Low smell and toxicity compared to more traditional methods.
* When the resin is in its non-solid state you can use a heat gun or a kitchen lighter to heat the resin and force out any air bubbles that may have gotten caught in it.
* Keep in mind that the resin will remain in its gel state indefinitely until a source of natural light or ultraviolet light comes into contact with it.
* Do not expose the inside of the bottle to natural light, otherwise the gel could start a reaction and crystallize.
UV resin warnings
- Environmental conditions can affect the properties of the material
- Use in a dry, ventilated place and at a temperature between 18 ° C and 25 ° C is recommended. Extreme cold and heat can damage the material.
- Use under inadequate conditions, inadequate exposure to UV light or insufficient UV light output can result in the surface feeling tacky after curing. In this case, we recommend applying more UV light or gloss varnish.
- We recommend consuming the product within 10 months. The shelf life of the product may decrease after opening depending on the state of preservation, exposure to UV light and low temperatures.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.